Thursday, April 23, 2009

Enchiladas in my pajamas

On Earth Day, I prepared Spinach Enchiladas (with a little help from my in-home chef). This was kind of a big deal for me, considering that my cooking expertise hasn't evolved past cereal and nachos. And yeah, it's not the most complicated meal ever, but it was delicious. More delicious than the box of Cheerios sitting on top of the refrigerator.

The recipe:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup sliced green onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10 ounces) spinach
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack
10 (6-inch) corn torillas
1 can green salsa

Here's a quick slide show of what the process looked like:
Sorry about the photo quality, my camera was taking a personal day.




If this meal was a person, it would have a face only a mother could love. But it's not about beauty, these enchiladas were great. I heated them up the next day, added some more green salsa, it was still a better lunch than Papalote. Oh...burn.

1 comment:

Teresa and Grant said...

i think the enchiladas look awesome. loved your video too. the soundtrack made me think, "ooh. enchiladas with an attitude." haha